[etni] Fwd: pre reading activity to All My Sons and sharing

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:30:10 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: kobilavy@xxxxxxx
Subject: pre reading activity to All My Sons and sharing

Hi Etniers,

Does anyone have an interesting/creative way to start this play with a
very strong 5 point 11th graders? (I'm also looking for a creative way
to the post reading task).

And now I'll share some:

We just finished learning the poem "As I grew older" and for a post
reading after we discussed all the different walls we can encounter in
our life I showed them a short clip from the movie The Wall by Pink
Floyd (the scene from the trial at the end of the movie and is found
easily on youtube).

Then I asked them to compare the wall in the poem to the wall
discussed in the movie  and make any kind of presentation they want of
it.

They came up with amazing things. Here is a link to one of the things
a group of students did (it's a poster for an upcoming film they're
making for this poem and movie).

http://www.etni.org/teachers/kobi/wall01.jpg

http://www.etni.org/teachers/kobi/wall02.jpg

We had a great time doing this.