[etni] Fwd: forms, forms, forms

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 09:48:17 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Esther Revivo <estherrevivo@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: forms, forms, forms

A while back there was a discussion about new forms to be filled in by
EFL teachers in order for pupils to receive Hatamot. As the aunt of 2
former pupils with hatamot, I am all for helping such pupils. But
after seeing the forms with my eyes, and noticing that the tasks
demanded to be submitted with the forms will take over an hour to do,
my staff and I refuse to comply. We told our lovely guidance
counselor, 'That's not our job!!' I had a VERY unpleasant telephone
conversation with a parent this evening.

We must be unified in our stand on this. I feel we must ALL dig in our
heels and refuse to agree to spend hours on these forms! If everyone
says, 'No. That's not my job,' then perhaps the MOE will realize we
need to get recompense for this! Isn't it bad enough that civics
teachers get paid for their projects and we do not? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Renee, you were 100 % correct! I answered you then without realizing
the extent of work and time demanded of us!

There was an Arab spring. Maybe they'll be an EFL spring, and we'll
finally get paid for all the work we are currently doing gratis??
(Yeah, and maybe around Pesach time the Easter bunny will make an
appearance.... :)

Shavua Tov-
Esther Revivo