[etni] Re: Fwd: The impossible task

  • From: Bari Nirenberg <bnirenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni.list@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 20:24:57 +0300

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 06:39, ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Of course there are brilliant teachers out there, but not all are. I
> don?t think a program should be geared to a limited number of  hard
> working brilliant teachers; a program should be workable for the
> average teacher to be able to manage.
>

> If you're referring to time considerations, there is no difference between
"brilliant" teachers and "average" teachers -- we all have the same amount
of time to teach in, we all have the same considerations and, in fact, the
"brilliant" teachers often take MORE time to do things, not less.  If
you're referring to the content of the program, then I just want to say
that I don't think any teacher should settle for being "average" -- we are
professionals and we should all strive to be "brilliant" and I don't
believe that a program should be watered down to suit "average" teachers.

Bari

** post to list - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** help - ask@xxxxxxxx
** David Lloyd: ETNI founder & manager