[etni] Fwd: Music in Common

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 20:22:55 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lauren Ornstein <laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Music  in Common

Hi All,

Another day on the road with Music  in Common (MiC) , this time at ORT Sapir
School, Yeruham that hosted ORT Abu Krinat School.  It was a long day but
I've come home energized by the young people we worked with and will
continuing working with tomorrow and Thurs. The Bedouin participants are all
part of the US -funded Access program at their school.

The MiC particpants are collaborating on a song, each workshop group penning
a verse to the song, "Shalom - Sala'am" written by MiC participants on our
last tour.  Together, we all brainstormed the following 2 questions: What is
peace? How is peace created? The pupils then sat in groups with their "new
friends" and started writing down their ideas which will form the lyrics of
their verse., to be finalized and recorded tomorrow at ORT Abu Krinat.

A group of Kaye College students, who took part in the MiC workshop 10 days
ago, joined us for a day of "practice facilitating"; other Kaye students
will be joining us in the coming days at the different schools and they will
also participate in the final event on Thurs., Feb. 14 at the college.

 See our Facebook photo album being updated daily. Photos from today will be
posted soon.
http://www.facebook.com/MusicinCommon?ref=ts&fref=ts

See and listen to our video-clips from last year
www.musicincommon.org/videos

This year’s Music in Common tour is funded in part by a grant from the US
Embassy in Tel Aviv and some of the participants are from the U.S. State
Department funded Access Program, an English language and cultural
enrichment program.  For more information, images, or to arrange for an
interview with Music in Common executive director Todd Mack, please contact
him directly at todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx / +1-413-717-0374.

Stay tuned for more!

Laurie
** ETNI Blog and Poll