[etni] Fwd: Movie to show for "The Enemy"

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 20:36:06 +0300

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: LindaKM <lindakm09@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Movie to show for "The Enemy"

Can anyone recommend a movie that gives an authentic picture of what
was going on during WWII between the Japanese and the Americans??

We show "Pearl Harbor" to our students. Yes, it's a very powerful
movie! However, it only focuses on Pearl Harbor (hence, the title!)
but it doesn't give an authentic picture. It makes it seem that after
the Japanese surprised the American fleet, the Americans retaliated
and won and in the movie, at the end, it even states that it was what
happened right after Pearl Harbor, that changed America, in that the
Americans realized they could win and could defeat the Japanese.  The
truth is that the first year after Pearl Harbor, the US was crippled
by the Japanese...

Thanking you in advance for any help!

Wishing all of you a fruitful and successful year... Shana Tova!

Linda Kuras Mizrahi
** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/
** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org