[etni] Re: Fw: re: extensive reading

  • From: "Bari Nirenberg" <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 08:16:24 +0200

>   I tell them to put the book by their bed, read a page
> every night
> before sleeping (in order not to lose the thread of the story)
> and to bring
> the books to school once a week when we have a reading session.

Just an amusing side note...  Yesterday, one of my 12th graders suggested to
her class that they leave their English books in the bathroom so that
they'll read them every time they go in there.  She said that's what she's
been doing and it works great.  LOL.  It's one of my favorite reading spots,
too, as it's one of the few places where the other people who live in my
house will think twice before they bother me.

Bari