[etni] Fw: re: Still on the hakra'at shelon

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 09:36:28 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Ruthi - rsheffer@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Still on the hakra'at shelon

Yes I second Fruma's question.There is NO WAY for us to give this
accomodation.
I asked my Yudalef kids to supply me with a blank cassette ahead of next
week's test and (even though cassettes are readily available ) not one
single kid out of 18 (in one class) brought a cassette.Then when I don't
prepare any I am made out to be the bad guy because  THEY don't even know
what a walkman is.
WE need an answer from the powers that be ,and we need one FAST
Ruth

Fruma wrote:
>Okay, so I've started something here that now many people have responded to
but I still don't have a single CONCRETE DOABLE solution.
>Yes, they can use MP3's but how do I ??
>Yes, they can be taught to read in elementary school  but
still there are those who can't /don't  and the fact is they
appear in our classes 2,3,4 and more years later, and yes,
we could read the whole test aloud  but that takes more
teachers (=more money)  and dosen't give a student
independence and certainly not Bagrut preparation.
>So thanks to all who wrote in solutions but NOT ONE
is a  practical, realistic solution and I am back at my
original question.
>How do teachers test within the hatama of hakra'at shelon??
>Oh and by the way, nowadays I can't even buy a tape recorder
that records humans anymore.