[etni] Fw: re: Histarut agreement -- the math doesn't add up

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 22:51:05 +0300

----- Original Message ----- From: ELEANOR ZWEBNER - eleanorz541@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: re: Histarut agreement -- the math doesn't add up

I arrived at 20% more hours because the Histadrut agrement refers to ELEMENTARY school teachers who are currently teaching 30 hours and will be expected to teach 36 hours under the new agreement.

High school teachers teach 24 hours -- the jump is not from 24 to 36, but 30 to 36. That is 20%. It means 29 hours for high school

jesg wrote:
I don't know how Eleanor arrived at only 20% more hours....maybe that's for
teachers without "mom" or "age" hours..
I think that more than 1/2 of the teachers have one or the other or work in
jr/sr high on 24 hr basis...
That means many of us will have 35-50% more work!!!
But again.. talk to non-teachers and they don't understand the "deal"
at all and think we're just complaining as usual..esp since "teachers have
such wonderfully long summer vacations" and "coffee breaks every hour or
2"!!!!!

** Etni homepage - www.etni.org **