[etni] Fw: re: Etni poll revisited

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:26:09 +0200

From: Yisrael and Batya Medad  ybmedad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [etni] Etni poll revisited

I'm sorry, but it makes no sense to me.  I guess that those of us who teach
in schools that routinely end after four (some finish English as late as 8)
haven't even bothered replying/voting.

What are we expected to do?  stay overnight in the dorms?

It would be nice to be paid for office/receiving students hours, but our
class hours have been cut, and in many schools hakbatzot have been
eliminated, meaning more kids in a group--and more levels.  I've been
subbing in a junior high, in addition to my high school work, and even
though the student body is middle class from academic homes, it's not
encouraging.

I'm certain that I'm not a minority of one.  Don't be afraid to voice your
opinion.  Just like those of us who have no internet facilities for projects
now realize that we're a sizable group.

Batya