[etni] Fw: book tasks for 4-5 pt. students

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:27:33 +0200

From: "larry hirsch" <drhirsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: book tasks for 4-5 pt. students

     The co-ordinator in my school has decided that the level of extensive
reading is too low and now demands that 4 point students (in 11th and 12th
grades) read at least stage 4 (she hasn't specified from which publisher)
and 5 point students read at least stage 5 books.  Any 12th grade student
who read a lower level book previously has to redo her book report.  Is this
standard practice in other schools?  I too want to raise the reading level,
but to penalize students who have already finished their requirement seems
harsh.