[etni] Fw: bloopers, spelling, dovrat and grammar

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:53:31 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: ydaleph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: bloopers, spelling, dovrat and grammar

All joking aside about the bloopers on exams, the horrible spelling and
whether Dovrat or Limat can read English, we need to look at the problem.
Our schools prefer to "right it off" rather than address it. We are quick to
tell a perfectly intelligent student she has to get a pyschologist note that
she has a spelling problem. This is nonesense. Limor and Shlomo and Romi and
Gal cannot read or write because they were never taught properly. Maybe we
should go back to teaching phonics in elementary school.

A student who reaches junior high school should be able to read and write
basic words.

Daniel