[etni] Fw: Which bloopers are funny and which are not!

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:52:04 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: judyastary@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Which bloopers are funny and which are not!

I tend to agree with Ora re what is funny and what is just plain pathetic.
This year the pressure is on in a big way so I have been less diligent about
recording some of the ones that tickled my fancy (as it were!). However,
moreover, nevertheless, except for that etc etc, here are a few choice
"mistranslations" that I came upon today:
- I am studying hospitality.
- I will colaborate with other counsellors to investigate our goals and I
will manipulate pleasantly with the children. (The mind boggles!)
- I am a student in the accelerated English class.
- My autobiography is added to this letter.
- I can contribute to teaching every kind of sports - swimming, jumping,
running, mounting and clumping.
- I cook ingeniously.
- I'll be greatful if you'll inject me as a candidate at your camp.
- I am drifting to the army next summer.
- I have a wild experience in many things.
- I know how to make fun of many things.

Long live the blooping pupil of English!
Judy