[etni] Re: Fw: Re: Courage to speak up?

  • From: "Bari Nirenberg" <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:17:17 +0200

From what I understand, the math teachers have similar issues with the
Ministry and they have also been instructed by the Irgun not to "cooperate"
with the new program.  I actually spoke to a math teacher today about this
very subject and she expressed much of the same frustration that we have
been expressing in regards to grades, gmulim and unclear guidelines.

As for project work, if your school has the facilities for your students to
do "research" (i.e. find reading material on their subjects) or if your
students have the means to do so at home, then projects may not be a lot of
work for you.  That does not appear to be the case at our school, where
computer time is very limited, many students do not have Internet at home
and we do not have a library that is well-stocked with English language
books, newspapers and magazines.  The responsibility for finding materials
for our students falls on the teachers, whether we have to find articles on
the Internet or look through our own books for information on the topics
that our students are doing their projects on.  And this is just preparation
work before we actually begin doing the projects.  I'm having a bit of
trouble seeing how I'm going to get a "rest".

Bari