[etni] ETAI, Irgun, MOE, ETNI etc....

  • From: sara g <saragabai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI list <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 12:00:45 +0300

As some of you may remember, I tried to set up a meeting at last year's
summer ETAI with Nurit Valenci from the Irgun, to discuss the HOTS and the
sanctions. I was told by Penny that ETAI could not invite an official of the
Irgun to the conference. But Penny, together with other board members, did
support my efforts to have such a meeting, and suggested a way to have the
meeting so it would be convenient for many of the participants in the
conference to attend. (In the end the meeting did not take place because
Nutrit canceled at the last minute. But a lot of teachers did attend.)
So I think that any ETAI "bashing" is not in place here. Even if some of the
board members are pro-HOTS (and I mean HOTS as in the way the MOE is trying
to infuse them, not generic "literature and thinking skills" that all of us
are very much in favor of) , I got the feeling that they did recognize the
fact that there is a problem, and were willing to help us meet and try to
find a solution.

And ETNI bashing is very wrong, no matter what anyone might disagree with
David about. The amount of volunteer time that David puts into running ETNI
is amazing! Other subjects have forums, but they are often part of the
mafmar's site, and run by the MOE. They are nowhere near as good as ETNI! We
have something very special here, and we should all be thanking David every
day for his hard work.

Just my thoughts....
     sara g

--