[etni] Re: Dovrat and Ha'aretz article

  • From: "leahamdur" <leahamdur@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <motti46@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <doris7182004@xxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:47:14 +0200

Limnor Livnat tried to get the hareidi schools to fall under Dovrat. She is
trying to introduce core subjects into the hareid cheders.

This government does not believe in academic democracy, in fact does not
practice democracy at all.

That is why the hareidim joined this government. They got an agreement that
the hareidi education system would be left alone.

The hareidim are also against Dovrat.

What is the position with home schooling in this country? Can parents decide
to homeschool their children?  Is that legal. I think that this route will
be taken more and more as the school system deteriorates.

Leah Amdur