[etni] Re: Doing the Bagrut in the 10th or 11th Grade

  • From: "Bari Nirenberg" <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Yarome Haber" <yhaber@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ybmedad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<sarag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:43:55 +0200

I can't answer for anyone else, but I can tell you that I teach all of the
required literature and then some.  And since we can start the modules in
10th grade, the literature can now be divided up among 3 years rather than
2.  But even my 12th grade 4-pointers who are taking the winter exam this
year completed all of the literature requirement some time ago.  I taught
them four stories and one or two poems last year and one story and a whole
bunch of poems this year -- far BEYOND what is required for 4 points.  Our
English speakers get an extra two hours in 11th grade and I teach them the
literature that they would have learned in 12th grade (that's pretty much
ALL I do with them at the beginning of the year).  I have already taught my
English speakers a story, an essay and five poems this year and the rest of
the literature requirement they are doing in their regular class.

As for external reading, well, it's just that -- external.

Bari