[etni] Cheating

  • From: "David R. Herz" <davidrherz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:40:52 +0200

Cheating is the consequence of an educational system (and those who support
it) that puts other things before learning and good values.  I would suggest
that the student be acknowledged for his/her ingenuity, be advised that the
teacher is not as naïve as the student thinks (i.e. we?ve been there, we
know how to cheat too), and ask the student if this is really how he or she
wants to be known, that is as someone who can not be trusted to do his own
work and sneaks around and is willing to do whatever is convenient to serve
his own needs.

Yours Truly,

David R. Herz

 <mailto:Drh16@xxxxxxxxxxx> drh16@xxxxxxxxxxx