[etni] Re: Charge of the Light Brigade and Oz Letmura

  • From: "sbshai" <sbshai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 23:00:49 +0200

I stand corrected, David, with my apologies to Tennyson (and my eighth grade
English teacher, who introduced us to many poet laureates)!

It's interesting that I remember the history that inspired the poem, yet
managed to change the conjunction to suit OUR situation.
Anyway, it gives us something to which we can apply our higher order
thinking skills as we compare and contrast these two statements:  "... to do
and die"  vs. "to do or die".
I hope I'm not misquoting the adage when I say that, with respect to
choosing between the two alternatives, we're rather "caught between a rock
and a hard place"!

Chodesh tov and Shabbat Shalom,
Batya