[etni] Calculating Magen Grade

  • From: Rivka Lewenstein <rlewen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 04:47:01 -0700 (PDT)

Ricky asked:
 I have been looking through the NBA handbook , and I have found the
way to calculate the yearly grade (Magen)
for Module A . Is it still valid or has it been changed ? (I don't have
the revised handbook).

And Gail responded that the revised handbook is on ETNI.

However, I have the revised handbook here, and I don't believe it mentions that
for this year and next, the calculations for the magen grade are NOT as in the
handbook (a later revision than the revised handbook). According to a directive
from Judy Steiner, this year and next (11th this year, 11th and 12th next
year), we are supposed to give the magen grade as follows:

20% - literature and book reports
80% - everything else

Projects can be included in the 80%, but as you wish and not according to the
calculations in the handbook. Of course, you still need to give a separate
magen grade for each module.

I just spent some time on the phone with someone yesterday explaining all this,
so if anyone still finds it unclear, you're welcome to contact me. It's
actually not even a big deal to figure out the three grades at this point.

All the best,
Rivka