[etni] Avi's mail about HOTS and the HOTS session at ETAI

  • From: sara g <saragabai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI list <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 10:01:10 +0300

My impressions of the HOTS session at ETAI were very different than
those of Avi. There were many teachers who were against the program as
it is now. And of the teachers who spoke in favor, a good number
seemed to be teachers who had not been teaching literature according
to the curriculum  before they took the HOTS course.

Many teachers  I have spoken to about the HOTS are not in favor of the
program, including teachers who took the course. Of course, some of
them are in favor of the program. But all the discussions have been
friendly and civil. Accusing teachers who have legitimate pedagogical
reserves about the HOTS program  of just talking and not working is
NOT the way to foster a dialog and try to solve this mess.

  sara g