[etni] All the best for 2005

  • From: "avi tsur" <tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:15:05 +0200

To all my dedicated and hard-working colleagues. Wishing us all a brighter,
better and peaceful 2005
Avi Tsur

Many people misunderstand the meaning of the New Year and other festivals.
On every grand occasion or New Year, we should spend more effort to reflect
and introspect on ourselves, how we can serve the world better, contribute
more to our relatives and friends or the country. The occasion is not to be
used every time as an excuse for making merry, instead we should refine our
coarse behavior and speech. Of course, everyone is aware of this. I just
take this opportunity to remind you. You don't have to listen if you have
done so. If you have not done this, or have forgotten to do so, then you
ought to be reminded!

Of course, we should progress in the new year. Instead of getting "older"
every year, we should be "stronger" spiritually and wiser. Then, we deserve
to be called "elder", the older the better. For instance, if we did
something last year that we or others disliked, then we ought to rectify it
in the new year with our best effort! Improve our behavior and speech,
becoming more beautiful.

The New Year gives us a chance to become a new person. If we did well last
year, we should be even better in the new year. If not, then we improve in
the new year, the more the better.

Ching Hai,
Jan 29, 1995
(Originally in Chinese)