[etni] Re: 5-day School Week

  • From: "Adele Raemer and Laurie Levy" <raemer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <elen_g@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:56:26 +0200

Dear Ellen,

I objected to the 5 day week thing when we were told it was going to begin
this year (in fact, I thought all of the rural ed. schools were going over
to that system... how did you get out of it this year?) It worked out that I
got used to it VERY quickly!  I LOVE my weekends!  I find it no less
efficient than having the preparation day in the middle of the week, and I
can even pamper myself with a weekend away (Thursday afternoon - Saturday
evening) if I wish (not that I have done yet ... but just knowing I can do
it is comforting)!  If people study, they teach 4 days.  I have not heard
anyone in my school complain!

I hope you find this encouraging!

Adele

You wrote:
> In light of the Education Department's budget cuts, the Hityashvuti Sector
(and I understand others as well) are moving over to a 5 day school week.
Our school has already announced that there will be no school anymore on
Friday, and therefore all the "free days" of teachers will be Friday next
year.

@etni.org    #####