Icons

  • From: tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:55:19 +1000

In recent days, I've had a chance to acually use some of the icons I posted a
week or so back, and cofirmed my initial impression that some of them really
suck. So I updated 6 or 8, and reposted. Some lightening, recoloring, some
re-shaping, edge-hardening ...

> ... The only problem I see is that they
> aren't using gtk2 colors but that can be changed.

I know that gnome encourages a particular pallette, but gtk ??

I've tried to work with combinations of moderately 'reserved' reds, blues and
greens.

Would you mind if I
> start playing with them a bit?
Go for it. I particularly still dislike the misture of hard- and blurred-edges.

If you haven't been following the
> discussion over at the emelfm2 mailing list there where a few links I
> sent tooar about gnome icons standards.
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/layout.html
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/icons.html
>
> The guy that wrote those also makes the stock gtk icons and sticks to
> the standards which is what tooar wants.
That's doesn't sound like tooar, to me !!  But that's for another discussion ...

The reason for this is so
> emelfm2 will blend in better.Personally I don't really like the
> gnome/gtk look.The green arrows suck imo.  :)
> I was actually thinking of creating an icons set to my liking.Take a
> look at the attachment.

A bit too bright, for my taste.
Whatever you end up with, I recommend you try to provide a 'theme' across
groups 'copy/move/link' and 'copyas/moveas/linkas'