[EMAS] Re: peep show 16th MAy

  • From: "Doug Johnston" <wellsteadwest@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stevenmritt@xxxxxxxxx>, <vsenechal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 11:25:26 -0400

Lots of action at BLBS this morning!

Vin Stanton and I were down there also this morning. we had good views of at
least 4 Semi palmated sandpipers, 10 or more Least sandpipers and the normal
Killdeer,Solitary and Spotted, although the numbers of these last two are way
down from the last couple of weeks. We missed the Semipalmated plover. Nice to
know they are still around after 2 or 3 last week.
Also an Osprey this morning, spotted by Vin.

I tried to get some good photos of the Semi. sands, but Virginia's shots are
way better. It's good to have such a clear record.

As to the orange fence Steve, we need a space before the fence for construction
vehicles to pull off the road when they are coming and going. Sorry to cause
confusion, but we should be done with this phase in a few weeks. Phase 2 (new
boardwalks etc), may not start for a month or three. So we should have normal
parking soon.

Doug Johnston