[EMAS] Re: marsh wren

  • From: Steve Ritt <stevenmritt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: acogbilly@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 09:40:16 -0700

That is wonderful Bill! It was driving me crazy because there is so little
habitat there, and I thought that I certainly should have been able to
relocate the bird if it was indeed a Marsh Wren. But, these birds do not
require much habitat, and they're secretive enough on their breeding and
wintering grounds, so who knows just how darn skulky and silent they may be
during migration!

The other funny thing is that I thought I saw the bird fly over to exactly
where you described, but both times that I went over there, all I could
find were a Swamp and Song Sparrow. Crazy.

Thanks Bill!

Steve Ritt
Asheville, NC / San Diego, CA