[EMAS] Re: WNC Warren Wilson College: Orange-crowned W, Lincoln's Ss - 10/16/14

  • From: Steve Ritt <stevenmritt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carolina Birds <carolinabirds@xxxxxxxx>, EMAS <emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 20:10:01 -0400

Sorry, I hit send too soon.

A walk around the WWC fields this afternoon had:
Orange-crowned Warbler - 1 (struggled to find it in the northern hedgerow of
the garden. Beware of other lingering look-alikes.)
Tennessee Warbler - 1
Common Yellowthroat - 5
Palm Warbler - 10
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 2
American Redstart - 1
Magnolia Warbler - 2
House Wren - 3
Lincoln's Sparrow - 13 (minimum. 8 alone were on the S side of the Swannanoa
River, E of WW Rd.)
Swamp Sparrow - 8
Savannah Sparrow - 25
Chipping Sparrow - 15 (nearby)
Bobolink - 2

The Black Mountain Monthly Bird Walk will meet this Saturday at 8:00 am at the
Lake Tomahawk parking lot on Rhododendron, and will then drive to Owen
Lake/Warren Wilson College for the birdwalk. We will cover much the same area
reported on above. For those who want to come directly to Owen Lake, we expect
to start about 8:20 am.

Steve Ritt
Asheville, NC

Sent from my iPhone