[EMAS] Sandy Mush Game Land, Oct 19, 2014

  • From: Doug Johnston <wellsteadwest@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 17:57:24 -0400

> Most of this morning was spent at the Sandy Mush Game Lands in the Cedar Hill
> area. Vin stanton and I started the day under cloudy skies, which soon turned
> to clear blue. A great morning.

Highlight for me was seeing 7 species of woodpecker! We latched onto an
immature Red headed early on by the meadows on Cedar Hill rd, but it took a few
hours to find the Hairy and the Sapsucker.

A nice mix of summer and winter with a Golden crowned kinglet, Swamp sparrow,
Yellow rumped, Magnolia and Blue headed vireo.

Lots of action in the sky also, with many birds too distant to ID, but that’s
often the way it is.

Doug Johnston