[EMAS] Mills River Valley: Sora, Lincoln's S, Golden-Ps - 10/3/14

  • From: Steve Ritt <stevenmritt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: EMAS <emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 20:38:43 -0400

Wayne Forsythe and I also birded Hooper Lane this morning and had the 3
American Golden-Plover and 2 Pectoral Sands (all juvs). I continued on and had
the following of interest:
Sora - middle sod farm ditch on Hooper Lane - probably a continuing bird
Bobolink - 8
Savannah Sparrow - 30

Mills River Park:
Nashville Warbler - 90 degree turn on Hooper Ln. next to semi trailers
Grasshopper Sparrow - field west of NAWA
Lincoln's Sparrow - ditch running west of tennis courts
Bobolink - 5

Fanning Fields Rd.:
Cape May Warbler

Also stopped by Beaver Lake earlier and had:
Gray-cheeked Thrush
Traill's Flycatcher (Willow/Alder)
Eastern Wood Pewee
Another birder reported a Philadelphia Vireo at the retention pond.

The Beaver Lake Bird Walk will begin at 8 am tomorrow. (There has been some
confusion about this.)

Steve Ritt
Asheville, NC

Sent from my iPhone