[EMAS] Beck & Burleson tracts, Avery Co, NC 6/15/15

  • From: Chris Kelly <kellych74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Audubon Society" <emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, carolinabirds@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 16:00:15 -0400

I had windy conditions for a late season survey on these two parcels in
Roaring Creek Valley (Avery Co. NC) owned by NCWRC. Of note- Alder
flycatcher. They are found in several places in Roaring Creek Valley. I
encountered a rather high elevation hooded warbler. Scarlet tanager and
least flycatchers chimed in on the adjacent property on my hike out.
Chris Kelly
Asheville, NC
Observer: kellych
2015-06-15 08:06
Beck & Burleson tracts NCWRC
Protocol: Traveling
1.3 Miles
123 Minutes
Observers: 1
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: walked interior road up Elk Hollow Ridge then walked
cross-country to the south along old field edge of Beck tract.

1 Alder Flycatcher
3 Blue-headed Vireo
2 Red-eyed Vireo
2 Blue Jay
1 American Crow
2 Carolina Chickadee
1 Red-breasted Nuthatch
1 Brown Creeper
4 Veery
1 American Robin
5 Gray Catbird
2 Cedar Waxwing
1 Ovenbird
1 Black-and-white Warbler
1 Common Yellowthroat
1 Hooded Warbler
6 Chestnut-sided Warbler
5 Eastern Towhee
5 Field Sparrow
7 Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored)
7 Indigo Bunting

This report was created and sent using BirdsEye BirdLog (
http://birdseyebirding.com/)

*Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID*

Email correspondence to and from this sender is subject to the N.C. Public