[ell-i-pcb-design] Re: Nucleo LED shield assembled, mostly ok

  • From: Jousimaa Otso <otso.jousimaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ell-i-pcb-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ell-i-pcb-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 13:26:01 +0000

>> Shield seems to work, B and G channels are ok. Red channel does not work,
>> LED seems to have an open connection inside.

>I am guessing the shield itself works but the LED is faulty.

I think so too. Important question is *why* the LED is faulty, it was ok before
soldering it down. Maybe it is sensitive to heat from soldering iron, maybe
something else. We'll find out with next prototype.

>That is good. Do you develop the code before its usage instructions or
>the other way? How have you planned the library should be used?

I'll focus on the low level things first. How to program Nucleo (mbed?), how to
set up PWM, how to set up ADC etc. Once I've done that, I'll do the control
loop. If someone has specified the interface by then, I'm happy to implement
the specified interface. Otherwise I'll just come up with something among the
lines LED(RED, 350);

 - otso