[ell-i-developers] CoAP now compiles again under Mavericks, at least with Xcode5.0.2.

  • From: Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@xxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 07:13:40 +0300

I managed to fix the compilation problem in the latest version of CoAP on my
Mac.

I have now pushed the commit to the feature-coap-temp branch:

https://github.com/Ell-i/Runtime/commit/1389b8a33b42275e07b71060b3c15268bda224ce

To compile this version, check it out and then

 cd stm32/libraries
 make
 cd ../tests
 make

You should get a binary like the following:

-rw-r--r--+ 1 pnr  staff  15237 May 29 06:53
test_CoAP_no_threads/test_CoAP_no_threads.hex

That should run on an Ellduino board, with the instructions from here:

//www.freelists.org/post/ell-i-developers/Outline-and-guide-for-IPUDP-testing

Please note however that ARP *does* (should :-) work, so you don't need to
configure a static ARP address.

See you in about an hour there in Otaniemi; I may come a little bit after
eight, depending on the kids.

Mostly for those who followed my second tutorial yesterday, the problem was
that the compiler constant propagation failed (without any obvious reason) for
two statically allocated C++ objects in the SPI library.  I fixed that
more-or-less temporarily with renaming
stm32/libraries/SPI/src/SPIInitSTM32F0.cpp to
stm32/libraries/SPI/src/SPIInitSTM32F0.cppinc, and then including that into
stm32/libraries/SPI/src/ellduino_spi.cpp instead of compiling them as two
separate objects and using the linker to fix the symbols.

(I also needed to split off the SpiMaps into a separate compilation unit.  They
are used only in the Arduion C++ API.  Hence, it is likely that if you try to
use the Arduino C++ API, you will get linking errors.  That remains to be fixed
later on.)

--Pekka

PS.  Feel free to forward this message to those people who were interested but
may not be on the mailing list.  I didn't get their names; my apologies.

PPS.  You can follow commits at the twitter channel @Ell_i_dev