[ell-i-developers] CoAP now compiles again under Mavericks, at least with Xcode5.0.2.

  • From: Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@xxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 07:13:40 +0300

I managed to fix the compilation problem in the latest version of CoAP on my 

I have now pushed the commit to the feature-coap-temp branch:


To compile this version, check it out and then

 cd stm32/libraries
 cd ../tests

You should get a binary like the following:

-rw-r--r--+ 1 pnr  staff  15237 May 29 06:53 

That should run on an Ellduino board, with the instructions from here:


Please note however that ARP *does* (should :-) work, so you don't need to 
configure a static ARP address.

See you in about an hour there in Otaniemi; I may come a little bit after 
eight, depending on the kids.

Mostly for those who followed my second tutorial yesterday, the problem was 
that the compiler constant propagation failed (without any obvious reason) for 
two statically allocated C++ objects in the SPI library.  I fixed that 
more-or-less temporarily with renaming 
stm32/libraries/SPI/src/SPIInitSTM32F0.cpp to 
stm32/libraries/SPI/src/SPIInitSTM32F0.cppinc, and then including that into 
stm32/libraries/SPI/src/ellduino_spi.cpp instead of compiling them as two 
separate objects and using the linker to fix the symbols.  

(I also needed to split off the SpiMaps into a separate compilation unit.  They 
are used only in the Arduion C++ API.  Hence, it is likely that if you try to 
use the Arduino C++ API, you will get linking errors.  That remains to be fixed 
later on.)


PS.  Feel free to forward this message to those people who were interested but 
may not be on the mailing list.  I didn't get their names; my apologies.

PPS.  You can follow commits at the twitter channel @Ell_i_dev

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

Other related posts: