[elky] Re: Time to...?

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 13:43:22 -0600

Hmmm...this sounds like a good idea. I bet you'd give the car a real good home, Frank....and you'd have something to drive to cruise nites and stuff.

On 5/20/2012 6:40 AM, STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx wrote:
I too admire your 72, shoot me a number, maybe when things get better for you, you can have the option of buying it back.
Smokey Mt Frank
In a message dated 5/20/2012 8:30:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    I'm with JC, Cort.  I know what it's like to have to give up
    treasured friends.  If I had the wherewithal, I'd love to buy your
    72.  I'd sure give it a good home and for the first time in a long
while, I'd have something to drive to cruise nites and car shows. Alack and alas, it'd take a pretty major 'miracle' for that to
    happen...but just in case, could ya let me know (in private, if ya
    want) how much you'd want to get from it?

    I hope this can be done without too much pain and maybe you can
    save one or two of 'em...like maybe your 81?

    And yes, things always work out.  It's just that they don't seem
    to go according to our plans nor our time table.

    Best of luck to ya,

    On 5/19/2012 8:49 PM, John Christensen wrote:
    Wish I could give one a home Cort. Good luck with your quest.
    JC

    On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 3:18 PM, <faithcubsmc2691@xxxxxxx
    <mailto:faithcubsmc2691@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

        "It's different now" __ Conway Twitty __ 'Goodbye Time'

        Irony rocks.

        I've recently learned that, in ~1 year, I'll lose the
        year-round garage storage (heated in winters) that I've
        appreciated the last 10+ years.  The couple that owns the
        house, building & property is moving to SC.  I will not have
        the funds needed to buy the place, though I would LOVE to
        live there.  So, since other similar storage options in the
        area are more expensive, unemployment continues & medical
        bills are still due ... it's probably time to sell my MCs.

        Yep, life is still good.  It's just frustrating to watch
        things for which I've worked hard disappear due to no fault
        of my own.  At least I can still drive & write!  Hardly seems
        fair, but life isn't fair.  Things'll work out; they always
        do...correct?

        ROUTE 66-BASED STORY:
        http://whenthegoingisgood.com/category/route66/

        Motor Gnomes:
        http://www.motorgnomes.com/category/staff/cort-s/

        C&G:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/page/index.html/_/articles/editorials/stop-re-naming-my-car-r487

        Cort | 38.m.IL <http://38.m.il/> | pigValve + paceMaker +
        cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
        CHD.MCs.CC <http://chd.mcs.cc/> +
        RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 =
        http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
        "I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong" __
        Rascal Flatts __ 'I'm Moving On'