[elky] Re: Something strange....

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:49:42 -0500 (EST)

great news Ray. high 5 . .

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 11/26/2012 12:33:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

There's something strange in the  air.  Weird things are happening.  Check
this  out:

On Friday a sleazy,  druggie-looking guy knocked on my door and handed me
an envelope.  I  recognized the handwriting.  It was Gayle's.  In the
envelope were  several documents.  First, it appears that she went to the court
and
had  the divorce completed....maybe.  There's a Decree of Divorce that
shows  me as Petitioner and her as Respondent.  She's signed it, as of  11/23.
Not signed by an officer of the court.

Next is the Amended  Decree of Separate Maintenance, signature dated 4 May
2007.  I don't see  anything different from what my lawyer sent to her.

Then there's an  Entry of Appearance, Waiver of Formal Service [... ] and
Consent to  Judgement by Default, signed by Gayle and notarized as of,  11/23.

Finally, (and most importantly) there's the paperwork for the  Waiver of
Spousal Consent for the IHC Pension, again, signed by Gayle and  notarized as
of, 11/23.

I scanned these docs and emailed 'em to my  lawyer.  She said they look
fine.  I need to take 'em to her so she  can complete the divorce action.

This morning, I took the signed  documents to the Retirement department of
the company I used to work  for.  The lady I'd been talking with was
actually there and looked things  over.  I had to sign in one more place.  She
told
me that my  retirement disbursement should be transferred to my credit
union account  between 12/7 and 12/10.

I'm blown away.  After 2 months of  sheer hell, it all came together with
no apparent reason behind it.  Two  days before the sleazeball showed up on
my doorstep, Gayle had sent a nasty  email to my lawyer stating that she was
going to go to the court and fight  every single item in the petition for
divorce.  Now since that petition  is based on the decree of separate
maintenance, and she was the petitioner for  that case, I didn't see how she
could
contest every line item, especially when  she was the one who had her lawyer
draw it up.  Maybe the clerk of the  court told her in no uncertain terms
that she just couldn't do that and that  she'd already waived all claims to my
pension.  I dunno.  But there  was a 180 degree turnaround in her attitude
between Tuesday and Friday of last  week.  Maybe it was the Tryptophan from
a Thanksgiving dinner....although  I've been told that her family has shut
her out because of her druggie  behavior over the last 6 years.

All I can say is that it seems  to be part of some wonderful Thanksgiving
gifts.  Like  these:

This is my grandson,  Peter David Quincy....aka PDQ Buck.  His parents are
as sick as I  am.  Btw, I got a nice red red Camaro model to place in his
crib.

The pin Josephine's wearing is one I bought on the  salt flats.  It has an
angel waving a checkered flag.  I also bought  one for her mother's
mother...I gave it to her in September.  She died of  cancer about 10 days
later,
but she (the grandmother) did the same thing  Josephine did.  Immediately took
it out of the box and put it on.   They both needed a little help with it,
but that's what angels are for, I  suppose.

JPEG image

JPEG image