[elky] OT: Another "thing" pretending to be a hot rod...ans some other photos

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 06:59:27 -0600

The purple was seen at the entrance table in Pocatello, Id. Then there's the yellow Model T coupe sitting on frame that's just not right...the wheelbase is too long for the fenders and it puts the radiator grill well forward of the front axle center line. An absolute no-no for "stylish" cars or rods of this vintage. Fingernails on a chalkboard.

And somebody forgot to tell Idaho that the pouting bratz are passee'. There were more than a few of 'em at that show.

Finally, there's the 33 Chevy sedan with a "flapper" and a gangster beside it. These folks were slightly strange to say the least. The "gangster" told me that he used to pick "her" up at the speakeasy, but now he has to drag her out of the cat house. I guess they were having fun. I think.

It's gonna get even stranger in a coupla weeks. The Rockabilly weekend should provide plenty of opportunities for tattoos and other forms of "body modification," not to mention the burlesque contests. I'm gonna need several different sections on my website to display the "unusual" stuff. I talked to someone about that show and his reaction was, "don't go there with bare arms." I didn't get it immediately so he explained that any unmarked skin might end up with a tattoo on it. Well, I've resisted that for 62 years so far. I think I can probably avoid the "temptation" for a few days while at the show.

Stranger than fiction.

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program