[elky] Re: Happy camper

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:19:25 -0700

On 12/15/2010 5:28 AM, John Christensen wrote:
The Burb should do fine for towing.

I guess it's gonna have to.  :)  I'm not overly worried about it.

It's a constant battle for me, on fixing up the Monte to drive daily, or spending time on the Elky. The poor Elky doesn't get much attention these days.

Even though it's been cold, I've been tryin to do a little at a time...and I got the cold air box re-fitted with the Demon carb today:

I gotta pull the seats and console out to set up for a buncha stuff inside like the ratchet shifter and extra gauges and switches.

The fun never stops at the Asylum.  :)

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, it's moot now.  A buncha stuff came together (or maybe apart would be a better term) and I had to make the decision that it just wouldn't work out, as much as I would have liked to have had the Dooley (Tom, maybe?) as a tow vehicle.  The Burb's gonna have to do.  Good thing I just sealed the windshield.  I guess it's time to put the power steering pump, electric fan and aux transmission cooler in.  Might as well put the keyless entry and remote start kit that a friend gave me in, too.

The Monte may have to get back on its wheels and take a trip out into the elements (under a cover) for a while.  It'd sure be nice if it could make the trip under its own power.  We're in for a spate of nasty weather for the next few days so I'm gonna be a little limited in what I can do...but
I'll do what I can.

The fun never stops at the Asylum.