[elky] Garage Shelving

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 18:29:25 -0400

After helping clean out my stepfathers fathers shop I've realized I
want my shop to be less of a hodge podge of shelving, lighting, etc.
Our house came with a section of double sided shelves like you would
see in a small retail store.  I promptly filled that up with El
Camino, Malibu, Chevelle and Volvo parts, not too mention tools and
other random items.  Now I need to add more shelving for the parts
business inventory.

I'd like to line a couple walls with shelving that is sturdy and not
too deep.  One solution I looked at is 2x4Basics 16" shelf links:

http://www.2x4basics.com/Shelf-Links.asp

The nice part is the dimensions can be changed to fit the space, but
16" may be a bit shallow for some of the parts I'll be stocking.
Eventually my parts storage will be in a warehouse but for the moment
I'm keeping overhead as low as possible.

I'm watching Craig's list since I know there are plenty of businesses
selling off shelving... just wondered if you guys had any ideas...

Thanks!
Chris