[elky] Re: Garage Shelving

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:54:16 -0400

I think it has to do with living through the depression, there was the
mindset that everything with a chance of being reusable should be
kept.  In my opinion it's better than the other end where people feel
like everything is disposable.  A happy medium for me is to keep what
I may use, donate items I won't and chuck stuff that has no value
(after keeping it a while to be sure I don't need it ;)...

I found out what the retail shelving I have in the basement is called:
gondola shelving.  Basically metal shelves that hook into "standards"
in 4 foot sections.  I've got it loaded down with lots of parts, even
heavy ones like exhaust manifolds.  This type of shelving is very
common and I've already found a few local ads.

In the short run I need to come up with a way to store my newly
acquired nuts and bolts, so I can use my workbench again.