[eispice] Gnucap vs. Ngspice vs. Eispice

  • From: "Newell Jensen" <pillar2012@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eispice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:27:30 -0800

Charles,
How do you think eispice compares to gnucap and ngspice?  I am going to be
using gEDA for my design automation and these other two simulators are the
main ones that are used.  The usual design path is "gschem" $B"*(B "gnetlist
-g
spice-sdb" $B"*(B ["ngspice" | "gnucap"].  I like using Python and I know that
gnucap has a wrapper, however most of my classes are teaching Spice so I
wanted to use an open source variant.  What's your advice?  Thanks.

Newell