[edi581] biography

  • From: Sandy22370@xxxxxxx
  • To: edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:10:18 EDT

    Hello everyone.  This is Sandy Austin and I'd love to tell you all about
myself.  I'm "29" years old and holding.  I am married to a very wonderful
and VERY patient man named Chris.  We have two children, a daughter named
Ashley, (she's 10), and a son named Ryan (he's 7).  They are great kids but
they definitely keep us running.  My daughter plays hockey, a very expensive
and time consuming sport, and my son plays t-ball and soon football too.
Ashley also plays the trumpet in her school band. Ryan would like to play the
flute when he gets old enough.  (I know, a daughter that plays hockey and a
son that plays the flute.  Is there something wrong with my genes?)  We have
a huge Rottweiler that weighs about 150 pounds and eats us out of house and
home.  We also have a cat, that doesn't hesitate to put the dog right in his
place.  We live in Scottsville.
     I teach fifth grade at Paul Road Elem School in Gates.  This is my
second year there full time, but my sixth year substituting in the district.
Last year I was hired for my first full time teaching position five days
before school started.  That was a Friday.  Obviously Saturday and Sunday the
building was closed, Monday was Labor Day, so - again, closed.  Tuesday was
teacher orientation.  So basically I walked into my room cold about an hour
and a half before the kids came.  Needless to say I was terrified and pretty
much stayed that way all year!  When the principal came in to observe me I
thought I was going to have some sort of nervous breakdown!  Somehow I
stumbled through that year without ending up divorced or in a rubber room.
(God bless anyone who is married to a teacher!! )  This year I am teaching
fifth grade again at the same school and am feeling a lot more prepared and
confident.  (At least until the principal comes in again!)
     We lead a very monotonous, predictable life.  The highpoint of my week
is if I get to go to Wegmans without the kids!  Our "date night" consists of
a Blockbuster movie and microwave popcorn.  Only occasionally is that movie
something other than a "G" rated one!  But, everyone is happy and healthy and
we can't complain.
     So that's the run down.  I'm looking forward to hearing about all of
you.  I'm sure your lives are more exciting and maybe I can live vicariously
through you.  Thanks for listening and I'll see you in class!