[edi581] Helpful website for website and powerpoint assignments

  • From: "sgoforth1" <sgoforth1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 23:40:42 -0400

Hey Everyone,

Some, maybe most, of you already know of this but I'll send it out for anyone
who doesn't know yet.  I saw this website in the news paper a week or two ago.
The article was about downloading music in the Post-Napster world.  One of the
websites was www.kazaa.com

This site is great.  You can download just about any kind of media file you
want.  I've already downloaded fairly recent movies like Rush Hour 2, Knight's
Tale, Rock Star and American Pie 2.  I saw that the new Planet of the Apes
movie was on there.

You can download: images, movies, videos, music, images, etc...

For those of you that are use to using Napster, you'll find this software to be
very similar.  It's almost like an updated version of Napster.  Just like
Napster, you have to download a software program and run it while connected to
the internet.

I haven't used it for an "educational" tool yet, but I'm sure that there is got
to be somethings educational on there.  Since I'm a social studies teacher, I'm
sure that I'll be able to find old video or sound files of historic events.

Play around with it.  There are few "negative" things about it. It only
downloads music at a quality of 128 kbps, but that's still pretty common.  It
could could be better, but it could also be a lot worse.  The video's aren't
DVD perfect, but it's still pretty good quality.  You just have to find a good
copy.  Another "negative" thing is that many of the movies are broken up into
two parts.  So you have to download two parts to get the full movie.  But, hey,
it beats paying for it!

I'm sure that it could be helpful for your webpages and powerpoint
presentations!

Steve Goforth