[ecidadania-dev] Server change (again)

  • From: Oscar Carballal Prego <oscar.carballal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: e-cidadania development list <ecidadania-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:39:57 +0100

As some of you may now, we have been struggling between servers a couple
of times since we started e-cidadania. Things are a bit more complicated
that they look, but it seems that this time we got it right.

We are moving to (let's hope) our final server, a Root Server EX4 with the
Hetzner Online company. This server will provide us almost infinite
resources for e-cidadania, and way more security and stability than the
other ones.

Why this change? Well, this last change was because the person who was
lending us the server (for free) can't maintain it anymore due to monetary
reasons. I a last struggle in Cidadania, we made the (quick) decision to
hire our own root server.

I'm finishing the servers configurations and stuff, currently we already
have an SQL server, the code.ecidadania.org and docs.ecidadania.org server,
and let's hope that before the end of the month we have ecidadania.org,
mail.ecidadania.org and demo.ecidadania.org.

I'll make a blog post in http://blog.ecidadania.org when it's finished and
also make a maintenance stop for the DNS changes.

Regards,
Oscar Carballal

--
Móbil: (34) 620-734766 | oscar.carballal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx