[ecidadania-dev] Recap of e-cidadania activity this last two months

  • From: Oscar Carballal Prego <oscar.carballal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: e-cidadania development list <ecidadania-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, e-cidadania users list <ecidadania-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:33:46 +0100

Hi everyone,

This is a small recap of the things that have been happening the last two
months.

- e-cidadania beta has been published, with mostly good reactions overall,
but people is still confused about how to work with it. We have currently
around 20 users but no activity.

- We changed the server. A couple months before we were hosted for free on
a high-end VPS, which sadly out provider has to close due to monetary
reasons. We finished the change to the cutting-edge new root server which
will host all the e-cidadania services, will provide us security and
scalability.

- e-cidadania is translated to 8 languages: English, Spanish, Galician,
French, Macedonian, Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, and an Hindi
translation is coming as well.

- We have 6 new collaborators since december, some of them already did
soem work patching e-cidadania, others are very new to the project and they
didn't contribute yet, be patient!

- e-cidadania will be featured in the Hackers & Developers magazine
(hdmagazine.org), and a interview will also be published in the next
months.

- We are going to Brussels! I can't assure it but I'll try to do a
lighting talk about e-cidadania.

- We started the interface redesign, which is beign contributed by Tamara
Atanasoska and Ana Ris from Macedonia. We also thank the kindness of their
company to give them some spare time to contribute.

That's all, it's not too much, but it's definitely very good news :)

Have fun!
Oscar Carballal

--
Móbil: (34) 620-734766 | oscar.carballal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx