[ebooktalk] Re: back again

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 12:56:23 +0100

Hi dave and all, I'm currently reading a quite big Sci Fi book by Peter F
Hamilton called Great North Road.  It appealed to me because the on-earth bits
of it are set on Tyneside in 2142.  The inter-stella gateway is on what is
currently the Team Valley Trading Estate and very near where the Primula Cheese
spread factory I worked in in the 197-s.  Otherwise it's quite a good crime
thriller with sci fi knobs on.  I've just finished the Dark Half, another
Stephen King book which I discovered I hadn't read.  This one is about a writer
who created an alter-ego under a pseudonym as King did himself.  Like much of
his stuff which is about the creative process, i
it proved to be very good.