[ebooktalk] Re: The Kates.

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 12:05:13 +0100

Elaine

I don't think I noticed that Grenville had a particular tendency to
uglification. Admittedly her descriptions of poverty in London were pretty
grim but then so are Mayhew's. Her descriptions of the new colony in
Australia were, as far as I can remember, of a beautiful and calm area. I'll
have to try another of her books to see if you are right.

Steve