[ebooktalk] Re: Liking/disliking authors

  • From: "Clare Gailans" <cgailans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:39:32 +0100

Elaine, thanks for the recommendation of Song of Summer, which I have and will hurry up the pile. The Morning Gift was among my top books several years ago, can supply if you don't have it. Perhaps you have read Manja by her mother, Anna Gmeyner, republished a few years ago by Persephone. A much darker book than the MG, but again, if anybody wants it ... It concerns five Polish children in the run-up to the second World War. Perhaps a few similarities to Ben Elton's Two Brothers, which we read together earlier this year. Clare