[eazycnc] Re: EazyCNC Plugin Interface has been released!

  • From: Kustaa Nyholm <feedback2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eazycnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 11:45:34 +0200

On 18/01/2015 11:35, beagle wrote:
hoi

If it can help.

I have done some investigation in the backup files.
Back-up(time machine) from 3 december 20143.
  User folder—>  eazycnc folder —>   Eazycnc config file present.  + folder
test java.

Backup from 15-december 2014
User folder —>  Eazycnc folder—>  Config file is gone !!!!!
and I have  new folders in it and empty.   Plugin — Plugin Cached— Test java

is it possible that that day you have got the update to 0. 0.21 ??? around and
about that date.

and is not the present installation procedure but the earlier one that has
deleted the config file while creating the two subfolders?

Regards
Erik Baetens

Thanks for debugging ... what you speculate is one possibility but
still I don't understand how 0.0.0.21 could have deleted the file,
because there is nothing in the code that deletes the file, it
is only overwritten...

Anyway, I've uploaded a new version (temporarily) here:

http://www.sparetimelabs.com/temp/EazyCNC-0.0.0.23a.dmg

can you please try it? If it works I will
upload all the other platforms to the usual place
and make a proper release announcement..

When you try it can you please try the following?

1) Make sure you have EazyCNC-Mach-Config.ecnc in your ~/EazyCNC
folder
2) Launch the version EazyCNC 0.0.0.23a
3) Quit EazyCNC
4) Check that you still have the file EazyCNC-Mach-Config.ecn
5) Rename the EazyCNC-Mach-Config.ecn to 'X'
6) Launch the version EazyCNC 0.0.0.23a
7) Click Save
8) Check that the EazyCNC-Mach-Config.ecn was re-created
9) Delete the EazyCNC-Mach-Config.ecn
10) Undo step 5 rename by renaming 'X' back to EazyCNC-Mach-Config.ecn

br Kusti