[duxuser] Re: uncontracted (braille grade 1) from an existing contracted file?

  • From: "Steve Dresser" <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:56:59 -0500

Hi Debra,

While in the DXB file, you can back-translate it by pressing Ctrl-T.  This
creates a DXP file which is, of course, uncontracted.  Then, go back to your
DXB file by pressing Ctrl-Tab and close it.  This will place you back in your
newly created DXP file where you can then insert the [g1] code at the top of
the file by pressing Alt-1.  Then, press Ctrl-T again to translate it back into
braille.  This will create a new DXB file which will be uncontracted.

One cautionary note: back-translation can sometimes produce some strange
results, so you may want to proof your uncontracted file to make sure nothing
has gone wrong.  This is why you should ideally use a DXP file that hasn't been
created by back-translating a braille file.  I realize that this may not be
possible in your case because you started out with a BRF file and you may not
have the original file that generated it.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions.

Steve