[duxuser] Re: rule question regarding number sign

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:47:15 -1000

Brent,
In the old days, some people would replace the number sign with the letter No. followed by the 3456 and the number.
At 09:04 AM 1/14/2009, you wrote:
I do understand your decision but am curious as to how a number proceeded by the (#) sign is supposed to be translated. I like to do my best to give readers the 'correct transcription' even at the risk of increasing the number of signs in a document. Not sure this is right but just my bent. Perhaps this old dog will learn some new tricks eventually.
Merci!
Brett Winchester KD7JN
<mailto:bwinchester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>bwinchester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
208.639.8386

----------
#10 Hill Road

Thank you!

Brett Winchester KD7JN

<mailto:bwinchester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>bwinchester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reading and Braille transcription Services

ICBVI

PO BOX 83720

341 W WASHINGTON STREET

BOISE IDAHO 83720-0012