[duxuser] installing embossers

  • From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: DBT list <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:11:12 -0700

At work we have two embossers.  One is a Romeo 50 Plus which I have just
installed on one computer.  The other is our main embosser which is a Braillo
200 and it is also a stand-alone embosser working off its own PC.  While the
computers are networked, the embossers are not.

The embossers are not directly hooked up to a server, but are connected
directly to their respective PC's.

Is there a way I can instruct them to hook them up so that I can send a file to
either embosser through the connected computers and have it go to an embosser?
Right now I, or anyone else, have to log on to the computer and find the file
and emboss locally.

E.G.  The Romeo 50 plus.  Is there a way to use the standard generic printer
driver installation and make it a shared printer that could be accessed as long
as that PC was on?  Same question for the Braillo.

What else might I need to have them do?

Jean