[duxuser] Re: importing from word to dbt

  • From: Patrick Burke <burke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:06:09 -0800

Hi Teri,

This sounds like a more complex form of the renumbering problems I had with MS Word outlines a couple months ago.

Get in touch with Duxbury Tech Support. They should be able to create an appropriately numbered (.dxp) version of the file for you.

Patrick

At 05:13 PM 2/3/2004, Teri McElroy wrote:

Hi

This topic has come up regularly in the past, but I've not seen
anything on what I'm about to ask, so hope someone can help me out.

I'm using the word importer to bring chapters of a manual in to dbt
10.4.  In the word document, there are numbered section headings e.g.
7.5, 7.5.1 etc.  In word, these headings appear correctly, however,
when I bring the document in to dbt, a lot of the headings are
renumbered e.g. 7.5.0 for instance.  This is most frustrating, and has
even got to the point where something was numbered 7.6 after being
imported, when it was 7.5 in the original document.

Is there something I need to change in dbt, or word to stop this
occurring?

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *